Tuesday 12 May 2009

Birds - Series 1

When sketching out initial ideas for my final project I was keen to keep my work simple and contemporary, but have a little bit of character and animation to my peices. I found that grouping vessels in a series offered potential for adding a playfulness to my work, and was inspired by the silhouettes of birds sitting on a telephone wire. Their forms are simple but the angles and spacing between them offered potential for creating a series of vessels that worked well together. This series explores shape, with blocks of colour achieved with reduction fired porcelain, black stained porcelain, and a glossy black glaze. These initial photographs show the three different finishes together. I went on to group the objects in greater numbers, photos of these to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment